Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Miscellaneous Boston Highlights

Boston was once a mystical place that existed only in my imagination.
A land to the north, defined by bitter cold winters, god awful
drivers, and the worst of them all, Tom Brady. I had friends who
claimed to be from there, and I even had names for them that spelled
out their place of origin for anyone unfamiliar with my amigos.

BostonJen and BenJAMMIN' were two of my best friends from college,
and I hadn't seen them in quite some time due to my ventures abroad to
Africa. I had been home 6 months in the US and still hadn't seen them.
This was unacceptable. I had visited friends in Delaware, Philly,
Washington DC, Virginia, and even Florida, but had not made the trek
north to Beantown.

Whether by fate or coincidence, the only "long term" job offer I had
gotten since coming home to the states came to me in May, and it
required a relocation to Boston. I decided to have a go at this job,
and see what would come of it. If nothing else, it would give me a
perfect excuse to spend time with both BenJAMMIN' and BostonJen in
their native habitat.

The short version: The job didn't work out and I moved back to NY in
September.

The good news: I had an awesome summer with my friends in Beantown, and
wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have a ton of photos from the summer. Here is a quick look at some of the
people who I spent my time with at the beginning and end...


BenJAMMIN' and Tyler

 
BostonJen

 


 
Tyler

  Chocolate Bear

 
Amigos

 

 Boston Nites

 
Cousin Mary

 
Cousin Brian

 
Nate

 
Brother Andrew (after the Appalachian Trail)

 


 
The fantastic Carmen

 
Ol' Blue Eyes

I'll be posting more from this summer "soon"...

-JoeySee

No comments:

Post a Comment